What is Egyptian Granite?
It is a subterranean igneous rock formed at high temperatures. Granite is composed mainly of three minerals - quartz, alkali aluminum silicate, and orthoclase. These minerals make granite white, crimson, or light gray.
It consists of large granules of minerals sticking together, forming the so-called avanite texture, which means that these granules are large enough to be distinguished with the naked eye. Secondly, granite almost always consists of the mineral’s feldspar and quartz, as well as many other types of minerals that are sometimes auxiliary.
Most granite can withstand erosion factors for centuries, as it is a hard rock that is durable and easy to melt its rocky material and useful in building buildings.
And granite can be polished until it becomes smooth, which makes it suitable for building columns, tombstones and monuments that are intended to last for a long time.
Most of the granite appears when deeply buried rocks rise to the earth's surface as a result of mountain-forming movements on the earth's crust
Granite "throats" are concentrated in the desert of the city of Ras Ghareb and Zaafarana in the Red Sea Governorate, Mount Ataqah and Galala in Suez and Cresta in North Sinai, where these areas are considered a major resource for the raw material from which marble and granite are extracted.
What are the advantages of granite?
- Granite is distinguished by its hardness and durability
- Granite is characterized by its durability
- Granite is anti-scratch
- Granite is stained resistant
- Granite has good temperature resistance
- Granite is characterized by its resistance to corrosion, erosion and friction
- Granite is water resistant
- Granite is characterized as polymorphic
- Distinguishes multicolored granite
What are the uses of granite?
- Granite is one of the oldest existing materials, in addition to its many advantages that made it used for several different purposes:
- Granite is used in:
- Building as a building material
- Carvings are like statues
- the stairs
- the tables
- Kitchen surfaces and bathroom units
- The destinations of buildings, facilities, tourist villages and hospitals
- House floors
- Villas, entrances and malls